- Place the chicken stock in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the squash and parboil for 2-3 minutes.
- Lift out the squash and set both aside, leaving the stock over a low heat.
- Fry the chorizo in a saucepan over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until they brown.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute in the chorizo oil.
- Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the squash and some hot stock.
- Stir until the stock has been absorbed, then gradually add more stock, stirring often, until the rice is just cooked this takes about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the frozen peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked chorizo.
- Divide between shallow bowls and top with fresh parmesan shavings
- 1800ml chicken stock
- 2 small diced winter squash
- 150g diced chorizo
- 300g risotto rice
- 100g frozen peas
- Parmesan shavings