- Preheat own to 190ºC or Gas Mark 5
- Grease a large baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Cook shells until firm
- Strain the pasta, reserving a cup of pasta water
- Put pasta back into the pan
- Meanwhile, sauté the proscuitto in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp and golden brown.
- Let cool and crumble into small pieces.
- Stir the prosciutto, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded mozzarella into the cooked noodles.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and top with the remaining shredded mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes
- 450g pasta shells, or similar shape
- 115g prosciutto
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 230g chopped ball fresh mozzarella
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste